Searching for a sustainable model
Our goal is not to be a speculative business, but to maintain the farm in a proper way, improving it progressively and offering a pleasant place to rest and spend the holidays to our guests.
- Respect for the environment. We believe that it is increasingly important and we also encourage our guests to take care of it both on and off the farm.
- Responsible use of water. Plant trees and plants adapted to the Mediterranean environment creating a garden with the minimum need for water and applying techniques to reduce water loss.
“A peasant takes advantage of what he has and does not waste anything”
- Responsible use of resources. As my father says, "a peasant takes advantage of what he has and does not waste anything". Foods is consumed when it is its season and with what you have left you feed your animals providing food and fertilizer for your garden. We want to continue closing these circles.
- Reduction in the use of plastics. Being aware of the plastic problem, we leave a typical Mallorcan "senalla" (basket) for our clients to use during their stay for shopping or whatever they need. We also replaced the garbage bags with biodegradable ones.
Our goal is for our guests to be part of the continuous improvement process of the farm and the environment. To do this, we want to share with them our projects on the farm, the investments made and planned, the objectives set year after year. And we would be excited if they also contributed with their own vision.
What is the amount of your reservation for:
- Cleaning & laundry
- Local taxes
- Diesel oil
- Pool maintenance, garden
- Improvement projects
For this exchange to really work, for us it is vital that we have a clear and transparent communication on where we are investing the farm's profits, what projects have been undertaken and which ones are coming in the near future. So guests are able to know all of that, beyond their relaxed stay with us, they will be contributing specifically to the farms improvement projects.
Aware of the need to minimize the use of water we changed 30% of the irrigation system from our garden to "drip irrigation", a more efficient system.
We incorporated the Paper, Plastic and Glass containers. We make the personal effort to take them to the nearest green point because we believe in the need to recycle.
We changed the hot water and heating system of one of the apartments to Aerothermal combined with photovoltaic. This makes the apartment self-sufficient at hot water and heating level in winter.
- We believe in and want to help local producers. Mallorca is a land rich in wines, oils, liqueurs, jams, etc. So we want to adapt an area to offer these products to our guests. (like an honesty bar)
- We have already replaced some appliances with more efficient ones. Halogen lighting by LED, induction hob, more efficient refrigerators.
- Put an e-car charging point. We would like to be the first agrotourism to offer a free recharge point so that our customers can recharge their electric car.
- Reduce the consumption of electricity little by little until achieving 100% self-consumption, through the installation of photovoltaic solar panels.
- Adapt 90% of the irrigation system to "drip irrigation". We can not avoid a residual, which are the pots and plants where it is very difficult to reach by drip.
- Comprehensively reform the apartments. It may not seem like a project related to the environment at first glance, but being in tune with the place where we rest and live helps us to be at peace with the outside world.
- Get to 100% of heating and hot water to a combination of photovoltaic and aerothermal.
- Also use aerotermia to generate air conditioning in every apartment.
- Improve the windows and doors of the apartments to make them more efficient.
- Reuse organic waste through composting.